How do you use misgivings in a sentence?
Misgiving in a Sentence ?
- When I learned my daughter’s boyfriend had just been released from prison, my misgiving about him became stronger.
- James overlooked his misgiving about the new job because he really needed to pay his rent.
What is the meaning of the word misgivings?
: a feeling of doubt or suspicion especially concerning a future event Many people have expressed misgivings about his ability to do the job.
Can you use gentlemen in a sentence?
Gentlemen sentence example. The count took the gentlemen into his study and showed them his choice collection of Turkish pipes. Let us talk like gentlemen . In the study were four gentlemen of the diplomatic corps.
How do you use the word gentleman?
Gentleman sentence example
- A gentleman gave me a beautiful card. …
- If you decide to leave, I will respect that, but be a gentleman about it. …
- The young gentleman was surprised and ashamed. …
- I’m sure you can, but please allow a gentleman the gesture. …
- Alex was the perfect gentleman , whether with his family or away from them.
What is the feminine of gentleman?
(d)lady – This word is grammatically correct. This word is the correct feminine form of the word ‘gentleman’. This is the required answer.
What is the sentence of pretty?
He introduced me to a pretty girl. She ignored him pretty much all day. She looks pretty no matter what she wears. I found it pretty hard to adjust to my new surroundings.
Does gentlemen have a capital letter?
you must capitalize the word “Dear”, “Ladies and Gentlemen” or any greeting word you use when you start a letter.
How do you use black and white in a sentence?
- Bank demanded in submit the proposal in black and white.
- My daughter is still very young to understand the shades of grey, she talks in black and white.
- Capital punishment is not a black and white issue.
- Please tell me in black and white that you want me to stay in your life or no?
What does it mean to show zeal?
: a strong feeling of interest and enthusiasm that makes someone very eager or determined to do something. See the full definition for zeal in the English Language Learners Dictionary. zeal. noun.
What does scruple mean in English?
1 : a sense of right and wrong that keeps a person from doing something bad. 2 : a feeling of guilt from doing something bad. scruple. noun. scru·ple | ˈskrü-pəl
What does the word epitome?
epitome ih-PIT-uh-mee noun. 1 : a typical or ideal example : embodiment. 2 a : a summary of a written work. b : a brief presentation or statement of something. 3 : brief or miniature form — usually used with in.
What is a sentence for oaf?
Oaf sentence example
Would you like to make the buttons bigger you clumsy oaf . Others see him as a boorish oaf who no longer deserves any respect after marching across the line of Olazabal’s putt. Heskey was a lumbering oaf with a poor goalscoring record at Leicester, his England prospects were laughed at.
What is ambivalence?
1 : simultaneous and contradictory attitudes or feelings (such as attraction and repulsion) toward an object, person, or action felt ambivalence toward his powerful father ambivalence toward marriage. 2a : continual fluctuation (as between one thing and its opposite)
How do you use the word epitome in a sentence?
Epitome Sentence Examples
- The fashions presented were the epitome of the style of the 1930s.
- His lifestyle was the epitome of unsustainable living.
- The hotel was the epitome of British colonial elegance in Jamaica.
- He was the epitome of cool; but, sadly, he dropped the mannerisms.
Is Good Morning with capital letters?
Typically, “good morning” is capitalized only when it’s used as a salutation at the beginning of a letter or email. The same rule applies to “good afternoon.” Don’t capitalize it unless it’s a salutation in a letter or email.
How do you say good morning in a letter?
If you writing an email or letter and not using a salutation, you should use a comma right after saying “good morning.” For example: Good Morning, Please find attached the report you were asking for.
Do you capitalize he in a sentence?
In this example, the proper name “God”, like “Day” and “Night”, is capitalized and the pronoun “He” is a reverential capitalization. While proper names are capitalized universally, reverence for any particular divinity is not universal.
How do I use pretty?
We can use pretty as an adverb, before an adjective or another adverb, meaning ‘quite, but not extremely’. It is informal: I’m pretty sure we’ve met before. Were you at Clare Harding’s wedding?
What does my pretty mean?
1 pleasing or appealing in a delicate or graceful way. 2 dainty, neat, or charming. 3 Informal, often ironic excellent, grand, or fine.
How can I use make in a sentence?
Make sentence example
- Drowning your sorrows in eggnog will only make you feel worse in the long run. …
- That does make sense. …
- You make a difference. …
- Did you make any real progress? …
- They didn’t make it to the restaurant. …
- It shouldn’t make any difference if he’s adopted.
What is the opposite hero?
Antonym of Hero
Word. Antonym. Hero. Coward, Villain. Get definition and list of more Antonym and Synonym in English Grammar.