French: metronymic from the female personal name Estelle, from Latin stella ‘star’; the name was popularized by a 3rd century martyr.
Is Estelle a pretty name?
The name completely disappeared from America’s Top 1000 list in 1964 and only recently reemerged in 2012 (at #950 out of 1000). Only 265 baby girls were called Estelle in 2012, so she’s still pretty rare.
What is a nickname for Estelle?
Nicknames: Elle, Essie, Stella.
What does Estelle mean in Greek?
Estelle is a female given name of occitan origin, and means star. … Star is the meaning generally assigned the name Estelle, although the format Eustalia suggests the name’s true root is the Greek eustales: well-groomed.
What names mean stars?
25 Baby Names That Mean Star
- Castor. Not to be confused with the oil, this name is Greek in origin and refers to the brightest star in the Gemini constellation—a perfect match for late May and June babies.
- Hoku. Hoku is the Hawaiian name for ‘star. …
- Itri. …
- Leo. …
- Orion. …
- Sidra. …
- Namid. …
What are the most unique girl names?
Classically Unique Baby Girl Names
What girl name means star?
Feminine Names That Mean Star
- Astra (Greek)
- Astraea (Latinized Greek)
- Bituin (Tagalong)
- Csilla (Hungarian)
- Dzvezda (Macedonian)
- Estelle (French)
- Estrella (Spanish)
- Seren (Welsh)
Is Estelle a common last name?
How Common Is The Last Name Estelle? It is the 61,808th most frequently held last name throughout the world, held by approximately 1 in 896,267 people. … The surname is most frequent in Chad, where it is borne by 2,985 people, or 1 in 4,554.
Is there a saint Estelle?
Saint Estelle was an alleged third-century martyr in Gaul, daughter of an illustrious Roman and descended from a powerful family of Druids. She was attracted to the group of Eutropius of Saintes, who was the first bishop of the area, and asked to be baptized. … Saint Estelle is celebrated on 11 May.
Where does the name Esther come from?
Esther (Hebrew: אֶסְתֵּר) is a female given name known from the Jewish queen Esther, eponymous heroine of the Book of Esther. According to the Hebrew Bible, queen Esther was born with the name הֲדַסָּה Hadassah (“Myrtle”). Her name was changed to Esther to hide her identity upon becoming queen of Persia.
What names mean God’s gift?
Gracious Baby Names That Mean Gift From God
- Adiel. Meaning: Hebrew for God sent.
- Anana. Meaning: Greek for “Given by God”
- Corbon. Meaning: Hebrew for “Offered from God”
- Donato. Meaning: Italian for “Gift from God”
- Dorek. Meaning: Polish for “God’s Gift.
- Elsi. Meaning: Greek for “God’s satisfaction sent to earth”
- Gaddiel. …
What does Olivia mean in Spanish?
Spanish Baby Names Meaning:
In Spanish Baby Names the meaning of the name Olivia is: Olive.
What does Mira mean in Hebrew?
In Hebrew Baby Names the meaning of the name Mira is: Bitter.
What name means love?
Baby girl names meaning “love”
- Adore. Adore means “to love” or “to worship” or “loved child,” depending on which language you are drawing from. …
- Ahava. Ahava is a lovely and uncommon Biblical name meaning “love” that is derived from Hebrew. …
- Amia. …
- Cara. …
- Carys. …
- Esme. …
- Femi. …
What is the most beautiful star?
Now, let’s see which are the shiniest stars in our beautiful starry night sky.
- Sirius A (Alpha Canis Majoris) Our number one star on the list. …
- Canopus (Alpha Carinae) …
- Rigil Kentaurus (Alpha Centauri) …
- Arcturus (Alpha Bootis) …
- Vega (Alpha Lyrae) …
- Capella (Alpha Aurigae) …
- Rigel (Beta Orionis) …
- Procyon (Alpha Canis Minoris)
What name means beautiful?
10 baby names that mean ‘beautiful’
- Beau. Perhaps one of the most obvious selections, Beau is a French name that translates to handsome.
- Mei. Mei means beautiful in Chinese, and you can also alter the spelling and go for the Americanized version “May.”
- Callista. …
- Venus. …
- Rosalind/a. …
- Jamil/Jamila. …
- Adonis. …
What are the top 10 prettiest girl names Indian?
Top 100 girl names in India in 2017
What girl names mean fearless?
Basilah- Of Arabic origin and means “brave” and “fearless.” Binsa- This unique name is of Nepali origin which means “a woman who is fearless.” Conradina- This name is of German origin which can mean “fearless,” “bold,” “never afraid,” “undaunted,” or “valiant.”
What is the Japanese name for Moon?
Tsuki (Japanese origin) means “moon or lunar”.
What name means darkness?
Baby Girl Names That Mean Dark
- Abnus. This girl’s name comes from the Persian origin and has its roots in the Islamic culture. …
- Achlys. The name Achlys comes from Greek origin and means darkness. …
- Adreanna. Adreanna is a derivative of the name Adria and comes from the French origins. …
- Alma. …
- Blaque. …
- Brangwen. …
- Bruna. …
What Greek name means star?
Aster (Greek origin), this is the Greek word for ‘star’.