Unwise sentence example
- Being Alex’s sister, that seemed an unwise choice. …
- It was unwise to be in the forest knowing so little about it. …
- At the same time it should be remembered that many points await elucidation, and it is unwise to assume conclusions in advance of the evidence.
What does Unsing mean?
To recant, recall, or retract (what has been sung).
Is unwise the same as foolish?
As adjectives the difference between foolish and unwise
is that foolish is lacking good sense or judgement; unwise while unwise is not wise; defective in wisdom; injudicious; indiscreet; foolish.
Who is a foolish person?
Foolish people are silly or senseless, and when you do something foolish, it’s clearly unwise or irrational. … Foolish decisions at work can cost you your job, and foolish comments can hurt people’s feelings. Foolish is a 14th century word that comes from fool, a person who’s unwise.
How do you identify a foolish person?
Foolish people are self-involved, overly optimistic regarding their own views, and unable to see their own vulnerabilities. They assume they already know all that needs to be known. Foolish individuals are apathetic—indifferent to outgroups, ethical concerns, and the common good. They are unimaginative and dogmatic.
What’s the meaning of unacknowledged?
: not generally recognized, accepted, or admitted : not acknowledged His involvement in the cover-up has remained unacknowledged.
What does Unpraised mean?
: not praised : not extolled in praise.
What is an unsung man?
1 : not sung. 2 : not celebrated or praised (as in song or verse) an unsung hero.
What is definition of untimely?
1 : at an inopportune time : unseasonably. 2 : before the due, natural, or proper time : prematurely went untimely to the grave. untimely. adjective.
What is the root word of unwise?
Old English unwis, from un- (1) “not” + wise (adj.).
What is the meaning of hostiles?
adjective. of, relating to, or characteristic of an enemy: a hostile nation. opposed in feeling, action, or character; antagonistic: hostile criticism. characterized by antagonism. not friendly, warm, or generous; not hospitable.
What is the opposite of police?
Noun. ▲ (the heat, slang) Opposite of the police or law enforcement. criminals. misfits.
What is an old fashioned term for a foolish person?
Definition – numskull, nincompoop.
What does injudicious mean in English?
: not judicious : indiscreet, unwise injudicious outbursts.
Is Unpraised a word?
adjective. Not praised; uncelebrated, unsung.
Is Unacclaimed a word?
Was appraised means?
1 : to set a value on : to estimate the amount of appraise the damage. 2 : to evaluate the worth, significance, or status of especially : to give an expert judgment of the value or merit of appraise an actor’s career.
What do quartering means?
Wiktionary. quarteringnoun. The act of providing housing for military personnel, especially when imposed upon the home of a private citizen. quarteringnoun. The method of capital punishment where a criminal is cut into four pieces.
What is a synonym for unacknowledged?
top secret. unacknowledged. under false pretense. under-the-table. underhanded.
How do you spot a wise person?
Characteristics of a Wise Person
- They Educate Themselves. Educate yourself. …
- They Are Disciplined. …
- They Admit Their Mistakes and Learn From Them. …
- They Are Patient. …
- They Take Instruction Humbly. …
- They Can Handle Rejection and Failure. …
- They Know That They Can Only Control Themselves. …
- They Are Guided by Wisdom.
What is a foolish woman?
1. foolish woman – a female fool. flibbertigibbet. fool, muggins, saphead, tomfool, sap – a person who lacks good judgment. Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection.
How do you become wiser?
Here are 10 ways you can think like a wise person:
- Think before you speak. …
- Realize there is never a ‘right time. …
- Balance self-interest with the collective good. …
- Put things in perspective before you jump to conclusions. …
- Don’t blindly accept the status quo. …
- Keep your power – don’t let other people’s negativity upset you.