Describe is defined as to give details about something to someone. An example of describe is someone giving the police details about how their attacker looked. verb. 8. 1.
What are describing words examples?
A descriptive word is a word used to give details and more information. Examples of descriptive words include colors, sizes, shapes, textures, and numbers, to name a few!
What are adjectives give 10 examples?
Examples of adjectives
- They live in a beautiful house.
- Lisa is wearing a sleeveless shirt today. This soup is not edible.
- She wore a beautiful dress.
- He writes meaningless letters.
- This shop is much nicer.
- She wore a beautiful dress.
- Ben is an adorable baby.
- Linda’s hair is gorgeous.
What is description and example?
The definition of a description is a statement that gives details about someone or something. An example of description is a story about the places visited on a family trip. noun. 232.
How do you use describe?
Describe sentence example
- I can’t describe how helpless I felt. …
- I can’t describe how strange this is, Father. …
- She wanted to express her feelings for him, but mere words could not describe them. …
- I can only describe the mood of our return trip as pensive. …
- All the historians describe the affair as follows:
What is the purpose of describe?
Describe is a creative and interesting tool used to engage people and understand their unique perspectives. … Adjectives (words that describe people,places, or things) are incredibly important when it comes to understanding how we view our world.
What are some good descriptive words?
List of Positive Adjectives A-Z
- Adventurous – Willing to take risks. …
- Affectionate – Showing fondness. …
- Agreeable – Enjoyable and pleasant. …
- Ambitious – Possessing a strong desire to succeed. …
- Bright – Possessing intelligence and mental dexterity. …
- Charming – Pleasant and attractive.
Is very a describing word?
The word “very” is categorized under adjectives because it describes the noun “words.”
Can you describe yourself?
Example: “I am ambitious and driven. I thrive on challenge and constantly set goals for myself, so I have something to strive towards. I’m not comfortable with settling, and I’m always looking for an opportunity to do better and achieve greatness. In my previous role, I was promoted three times in less than two years.”
What is a good sentence for description?
She launched into an explanation of the truckload of supplies and a description of her new room. “What’s that number and description ?” he asked. This description is doubtless exaggerated. Connor’s description of being in the holding cell ‘losing his mind and living a nightmare’ accurately described his feelings.
What is a good sentence for describe?
1 Describe how you did it. 2 The police asked her to describe the two men. 3 Could you describe your attacker? 4 Words can hardly describe the beauty of the scene.
What are 2 types of description?
Two Types of Description: Objective and Impressionistic.
What do you write in a description?
7 Tips for Writing Descriptive Sentences
- Cut out obvious descriptions. …
- Use surprising words. …
- Remember sensory details. …
- Make use of figurative language. …
- Think about who is doing the describing. …
- Be wary of over-description. …
- Read good examples of descriptive writing.
How do you write a short description?
Effective short descriptions provide enough context for a reader to understand what the topic conveys. A short description ought to contain keywords that help the reader identify whether the topic contains useful information. It should also be a concise description of the topic.
What is adjective and give 5 examples?
Adjectives are words that are used to describe or modify nouns or pronouns. For example, red, quick, happy, and obnoxious are adjectives because they can describe things—a red hat, the quick rabbit, a happy duck, an obnoxious person. Adjectives take many forms.
What are 10 nouns?
10 Types of Nouns That You Use All The Time
- Common Noun.
- Proper Noun.
- Abstract Noun.
- Concrete Noun.
- Countable Noun.
- Uncountable Noun.
- Compound Noun.
- Collective Noun.
What are 20 describing words?
20 Describing Words and Example Sentences in English
- beautiful. Samara has beautiful long hair.
- brilliant. He is one of the most brilliant people I know.
- careless. It was careless of you to leave the key in the house.
- dirty. My kitchen sink was full of dirty dishes.
- emotional. …
- funny. …
- gloomy. …