1. Despair, desperation, despondency, discouragement, hopelessness refer to a state of mind caused by circumstances that seem too much to cope with. Despair suggests total loss of hope, which may be passive or may drive one to furious efforts, even if at random: in the depths of despair; courage born of despair.
Why you should never lose hope?
Having hope gives you the courage to think that things would get better with time despite the odds being not in your favor; hope is the only thing that keeps you moving forward, it gives you the strength and ability to bounce back from whatever the obstacle you are going through.
What is a person who never gives up called?
A. Tenacious is a mostly positive term. If someone calls you tenacious you’re probably the kind of person who never gives up and never stops trying – someone who does whatever is required to accomplish a goal.
What does bewildering mean in English?
: extremely confusing or difficult to understand an utterly bewildering experience a bewildering number of possibilities …
What is a despairing person?
A despairing person is usually someone who is deeply sad about something that has happened or that hasn’t happened—something usually triggers the despair. This is especially the case in serious and very negative situations that involve finality, such as death or a devastating loss in a political election.
What is the synonym of despairing?
Some common synonyms of despairing are desperate, despondent, and hopeless. While all these words mean “having lost all or nearly all hope,” despairing suggests the slipping away of all hope and often despondency.
What is the opposite rude?
Antonym of Rude
Word. Antonym. Rude. Polite, Courteous. Get definition and list of more Antonym and Synonym in English Grammar.
What does Desponed mean?
despond in American English
1. to be depressed by loss of hope, confidence, or courage. noun.
How do you use despairing?
Despairing sentence example
- I have been despairing at the thought of this. …
- After the despairing cry I looked quickly into the night sky. …
- It was a despairing dive into depression. …
- He glanced down at her with a despairing expression. …
- My despairing thought is, “Who will want me now?”
What does self wallowing mean?
1 : to roll oneself about in a lazy, relaxed, or ungainly manner hogs wallowing in the mud. 2 : to billow forth : surge. 3 : to devote oneself entirely especially : to take unrestrained pleasure : delight.
What causes people to despair?
We often feel despair after tragic events in our lives, especially when we experience a significant loss. It tends to be the main emotion people feel after a sudden traumatic event, which is normal, but can lead to irrational decision-making in the heat of the moment.
What does dark despair mean?
1. expression used to describe metaphorically a period of ignorance and spiritual crisis that precedes the communion with Divinity ; 2. in a larger meaning, it is used when refering to having a hard time, going through a phase of pessimism, sadness, failure etc.
What is a mystify?
1 : to perplex the mind of : bewilder. 2 : to make mysterious or obscure mystify an interpretation of a prophecy. Other Words from mystify Synonyms More Example Sentences Learn More About mystify.
What does stuporous mean medically?
Stupor is unresponsiveness from which a person can be aroused only by vigorous, physical stimulation. Coma is unresponsiveness from which a person cannot be aroused and in which the person’s eyes remain closed, even when the person is stimulated.
Is awe inspiring meaning?
If you describe someone or something as awe-inspiring, you are emphasizing that you think that they are remarkable and amazing, although sometimes rather frightening. …a museum with an awe-inspiring display of jewellery.
How do you say never give up in one word?
sedulous Add to list Share. A sedulous person is someone who works hard and doesn’t give up easily.
What do you call someone who keeps trying?
Fighter implies that a person is suffering or has suffered hardships but will persevere. Trooper is someone who keeps going despite difficulty. Risk taker implies daring, possibly with a slightly negative connotation. Determinator is a (highly informal) term for, well, someone who is determined.
What do you call a person who never loses hope?
boundless, ceaseless, constant, continual, continuous, eternal, everlasting, incessant, interminable, nonstop, perpetual, persistent, relentless, unbroken, unceasing, unchanging, uninterrupted, unremitting.
How do you motivate someone who lost hope?
- 1 | Talk About Your Love. I love you and I care about you. …
- 2 | Let Them Know That You Are There to Listen. Hey, I wish there was more I can do but I am here if you want to talk. …
- 3 | Remind Them That Things Get Better. …
- 4 | Offer A Little Help.