mythopoeticadjective. Given the quality of a myth or a poem, used typically in opposition to a purely factual account.
What is a perspicacious person?
adjective. having keen mental perception and understanding; discerning: to exhibit perspicacious judgment.
What does perspicuity mean?
: plain to the understanding especially because of clarity and precision of presentation a perspicuous argument.
How do you use perspicacious?
Perspicacious in a Sentence ?
- The perspicacious fireman quickly detected the cause of the fire.
- Many perspicacious investors sold their tech stocks long before the market crashed.
- The perspicacious salesman earned a great living because he knew how to read his customers.
What does mythology explain?
A mythology is a collection of myths or stories about a specific person, culture, religion, or any group with shared beliefs. … Christian mythology tells the story of God creating the Earth and everything after. Mythology can also mean the study of myths in an academic situation, like studying mythology at a university.
What are the 2 types of myths?
The Three Types of Myth
- Aetiological Myths. Aetiological myths (sometimes spelled etiological) explain the reason why something is the way it is today. …
- Historical Myths. Historical myths are told about a historical event, and they help keep the memory of that event alive. …
- Psychological Myths.
What is an example of mythology?
Examples are fables, fairy tales, folktales, sagas, epics, legends, and etiologic tales (which refer to causes or explain why a thing is the way it is). Another form of tale, the parable, differs from myth in its purpose and character.
What is the most famous myth?
Greek Mythology’s most famous tales
- Theogony: Clash of the Titans. According to Hesiod’s Theogony, in the beginning, there was only Chaos. …
- Τhe Three Sisters of Fate. …
- Prometheus and the Theft of Fire. …
- Pandora’s Box. …
- The Abduction of Persephone by Hades. …
- The Name Giving of Athens. …
- Theseus and the Minotaur. …
- Daedalus and Icarus.
Is Intrepidness a word?
adj. Resolutely courageous; fearless.
Is Perspicaciously a word?
With the power of seeing or understanding clearly; quick-sightedly; with sharp of sight. (figurative) With acute discernment; keenly; with mental perception.
What is the root word for perspicacious?
(You can see this shade of meaning in the root of perspicacious – the Latin word perspicere, meaning “to look through” or “to see clearly.”) Astute suggests both shrewdness and perspicacity, as well as diplomatic skill.
What is the difference between perspicacity and perspicuity?
As nouns the difference between perspicuity and perspicacity
is that perspicuity is clarity, lucidity, especially in expression; the state or characteristic of being perspicuous while perspicacity is acute discernment or understanding; insight.
What does Pellucidity mean?
1 : admitting maximum passage of light without diffusion or distortion a pellucid stream. 2 : reflecting light evenly from all surfaces. 3 : easy to understand.
Is exactitude a word?
the quality of being exact; exactness; preciseness; accuracy.
Which is the closest synonym for the word perspicacity?
Synonyms & Antonyms of perspicacity
How do you pronounce this word perspicacious?
- Phonetic spelling of perspicacious. per-spi-ca-cious. per-spi-ca-cious. …
- Meanings for perspicacious. having a ready insight into and understanding of things. Thora Schuppe. …
- Examples of in a sentence. HOW fortunate we are to have social media, in all its profundity and with all its sagacity and perspicacious wisdom!
Is trepidation a feeling?
1 : a nervous or fearful feeling of uncertain agitation : apprehension trepidation about starting a new job. 2 archaic : a tremulous motion : tremor.
What does pugnacity mean?
: having a quarrelsome or combative nature : truculent.
Is sensitive a positive word?
The first two meanings of “sensitive” are a little negative, but the last meaning is positive. I hope that everyone understands how to use this word in all of its meanings now.
Who opened Pandora’s Box?
Zeus sent her to Epimetheus, who forgot the warning of his brother Prometheus and made Pandora his wife. She afterward opened the jar, from which the evils flew out over the earth. Hope alone remained inside, the lid having been shut down before she could escape.
What was in Pandora’s Box?
Pandora opened a jar left in her care containing sickness, death and many other unspecified evils which were then released into the world. … From this story has grown the idiom “to open a Pandora’s box”, meaning to do or start something that will cause many unforeseen problems.