If you are still getting the “Driver is unavailable” error, a missing or corrupted driver is the most probable reason behind the problem. Thus, uninstalling your current driver and installing a new printer driver instead should help you get rid of the error.
How do I fix HP printer driver unavailable?
Follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
- Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Envy printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Restart your computer.
How do I restore my printer driver?
Use the following steps to reinstall factory installed hardware drivers:
- Click Start ( ), All Programs, Recovery Manager, and then Recovery Manager again. …
- Under I need help immediately, click Hardware Driver Reinstallation.
- On the Hardware Driver Reinstallation welcome screen, click Next.
How do I install a printer driver?
How to Install a Printer Driver
- Click on the Start button, select Devices and then, select Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- From the Add Printer dialog box, click Add a Local Printer and select Next.
How do I reinstall a printer driver in Windows 10?
Reinstall the device driver
- In the search box on the taskbar, enter device manager, then select Device Manager.
- Right-click (or press and hold) the name of the device, and select Uninstall.
- Restart your PC.
- Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
How do I update drivers?
To check for any updates for your PC, including driver updates, follow these steps:
- Click the Start button on the Windows taskbar.
- Click the Settings icon (it’s a small gear)
- Select ‘Updates & Security,’ then click ‘Check for updates. ‘
Why is my printer not available?
Make sure printing is enabled and the print spooler is clear on your Android smartphone or tablet. Open Settings on your mobile device, tap Connected devices or Connections, and then tap Printing. … If Print Spooler is not an option, tap Storage, and then tap Print Spooler. Tap Clear Data or Force Stop.
How do I update HP printer driver?
Update your driver in Device Manager
- Press the Windows key and search for and open Device Manager.
- Select the printer that you’ve connected from the list of available devices.
- Right-click the device and select Update driver or Update driver software.
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
How do I update my printer driver?
How to update printer drivers
- Go to Control Panel.
- Click on ‘Hardware and Sound’
- Click on ‘Device Manager’ to show all of the connected hardware on your machine – look for the ‘Printers’ drop-down which will contain any relevant printers.
- Right click the printer you want to update the drivers on and click ‘Update driver’
Where is the print driver?
The printer driver is usually located on the C:WindowsSystem32DriverStoreFileRepository folder on a Windows machine.
What is a computer driver?
A driver, or device driver, is a set of files that tells a piece of hardware how to function by communicating with a computer’s operating system. All pieces of hardware require a driver, from your internal computer components, such as your graphics card, to your external peripherals, like a printer.
Does Windows 10 install drivers automatically?
Windows 10 automatically downloads and installs drivers for your devices when you first connect them. Even though Microsoft has a vast amount of drivers in their catalog, they are not always the latest version, and many drivers for specific devices are not found. … If necessary, you can also install the drivers yourself.
Why is my HP printer driver not installing?
Make sure your computer is turned on and connected to the Internet. Turn on the printer. Connect a USB cable to the USB port on the rear of the printer , and then to the computer. If a Found new hardware window displays, follow any prompts to install the driver, and then try to print.
How do I get my computer to recognize my printer?
Add a local printer
- Connect the printer to your computer using the USB cable and turn it on.
- Open the Settings app from the Start menu.
- Click Devices.
- Click Add a printer or scanner.
- If Windows detects your printer, click on the name of the printer and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation.
What will you do if your printer is not working?
What to Do When Your Printer Won’t Print
- Check Your Printer’s Error Lights. …
- Clear the Printer Queue. …
- Solidify the Connection. …
- Ensure You Have the Right Printer. …
- Install the Drivers and Software. …
- Add Printer. …
- Check that Paper Is Installed (Not Jammed) …
- Fiddle With the Ink Cartridges.
How do I fix my printer not responding?
How do I fix my printer, not responding? (Windows)
- Make your printer the default option. Click on the Start button and then go to Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. …
- Clear Print queue. …
- Restart Print Spooler Service. …
- Re-Add your printer to your PC. …
- Restart your Windows PC.
How do I check my drivers?
How to determine driver version using Device Manager
- Open Start.
- Search for Device Manager and click the top result to open the experience.
- Expand the branch for the device that you want to check the driver version.
- Right-click the device and select the Properties option.
- Click the Driver tab.
How do I manually install a Driver?
- Go to Control Panel and open Device Manager.
- Find the device that your are trying to install a driver.
- Right click the device and select properties.
- Select Driver tab, then click the Update Driver button.
- Choose Browse my computer for driver software.
- Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
How do I check my drivers on Windows 10?
Open Device Manager from Start menu or search in Start menu. Expand the respective component driver to be checked, right-click the driver, then select Properties. Go to the Driver tab and the Driver Version is shown.
How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my printer?
How to connect your printer
- Open Windows search by pressing Windows Key + Q.
- Type in “printer.” Source: Windows Central.
- Select Printers & Scanners.
- Turn on the printer.
- Refer to the manual to connect it to your Wi-Fi network. …
- Hit Add a printer or scanner.
- Select the printer from the results. …
- Click Add device.
Where do I find printer drivers on my computer Windows 10?
Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners . On the right, under Related Settings, select Print server properties. On the Drivers tab, see if your printer listed. If it is, you’re all set.
How do I open a printer driver in Windows?
How to Open the Printer Driver Setup Window
- Select the command that you perform printing on the application software. In general, select Print on the File menu to open the Print dialog box.
- Select your model name and click Preferences (or Properties) The printer driver setup window appears.
Why do you need device drivers?
Purpose. The main purpose of device drivers is to provide abstraction by acting as a translator between a hardware device and the applications or operating systems that use it. Programmers can write higher-level application code independently of whatever specific hardware the end-user is using.