The definition of abject is something that is very bad or miserable. An example of abject poverty would be homelessness. adjective. 6.
How do you use the word abject?
You use abject to emphasize that a situation or quality is extremely bad. Both of them died in abject poverty. This scheme was an abject failure. Both have failed abjectly.
What is the meaning of most abject?
Abject means absolutely miserable, the most unfortunate, with utter humiliation. You might have heard the phrase abject poverty, which is the absolute worst, most hopeless level of poverty you’ve ever seen.
What is the meaning of abjection?
1 : a low or downcast state : degradation. 2 : the act of making abject : humbling, rejection I protest …
What is abjection literature?
THE ABJECT, abjection (Kristeva): Our reaction (horror, vomit) to a threatened breakdown in meaning caused by the loss of the distinction between subject and object or between self and other.
How do you use abnegation in a sentence?
Abnegation in a Sentence ?
- Her abnegation of ice cream and cookies is due to her Olympic team training.
- Because everyone knew Jane loved serving the public, they were shocked by her abnegation of the congressional seat.
- The school counselor hoped she could encourage her students to consider the abnegation of drug use.
How do you use accede in a sentence?
Examples of ‘accede’ in a sentence accede
- “This is the first and last time we accede to your desires,” he said. …
- It was his refusal to accede to the woman’s demands that had persuaded her. …
- Just have the goodness to accede to my request and stop meddling in the Amaury case.
What is an abject person?
A Person involved in the design, creation or manufacture of an object. This may include the commissioner of an object.
How do you use abet in a sentence?
Examples of abet in a Sentence
She abetted the thief in his getaway. Did he abet the commission of a crime? Their actions were shown to abet terrorism.
How do you use abrogate in a sentence?
abrogate verb (avoid responsibility)
He seemed to abrogate his duty to withhold law and order. Those in power abrogated their responsibility. The government is abrogating its duty to protect the safety of its citizens. Some parents completely abrogate responsibility for parenting to schools.
How do you use prosaic in a sentence?
Prosaic sentence example
- There is some poetry in this composition, but it alternates with very prosaic details. …
- On his return to France, a sadder and practically a wiser man, he settled down to very prosaic work. …
- A very prosaic explanation of this nocturnal noise is given by Judson.
Can abject be used as a noun?
abject used as a noun:
A person in the lowest and most despicable condition; a castaway.
What is an abject lie?
debasing, degrading; contemptible; despicable: an abject liar; miserable; wretched: abject poverty.
How do you use accessory in a sentence?
Accessory sentence example. Flowers are also another popular accessory . The wine accessory industry is booming, and you’re bound to find all kinds of practical and impractical accessories for wine lovers. You’ve probably also seen them as a “free bonus” to accompany another cell phone accessory purchase.
How do you use deft in a sentence?
Deft in a Sentence ?
- The deft musician was able to play the harmonica and the piano at the same time.
- Because Jake is a deft electrician, it will not take him long to rewire the electrical outlets in the bathroom.
- Only a deft artist can perfectly capture the model’s figure in clay.
How do you use accretion in a sentence?
Accretion in a Sentence ?
- The accretion of traffic accidents and drunk driving was attributed to the opening of the new downtown mall.
- The gradual accretion of terror over many years left hundred dead and thousands wounded.
What does self Abnegate mean?
: self-denial, self-sacrifice … the notion that having a baby demands complete and total self-abnegation, and anything short of that is not enough.—
How do you use aggrandize in a sentence?
Aggrandize Sentence Examples
Alexander carried on a double policy, always ready to seize opportunities to aggrandize his family. His intent was to become sole lord and to aggrandize his tiny principality.
How do you use abrasive in a sentence?
Abrasive in a Sentence ?
- Because of Kurt’s abrasive personality, most people try to avoid him at work.
- The clerk was so abrasive to me I walked out the store without making a purchase.
- After speaking with the abrasive doctor, I decided to look for a friendlier physician.
What is domestic abjection?
Abjection is a psychological defence against any threat (the abject) to the clean and proper self that results in rejection of the abject. … Domestic abuse (the abject) transgresses established social boundaries of clean and proper.
What is self abjection?
Kristeva describes subjective horror (abjection) as the feeling when an individual experiences, or is confronted by (both mentally and as a body), what Kristeva calls one’s “corporeal reality”, or a breakdown in the distinction between what is Self and what is Other. …
What is abject reality?
Yes an abject person or an abject character. abject means in reality “despicable”. The etymology is from Latin (abjĭcĕre: to throw away): something you want to throw away from you (repulsive, disgusting). It’s the same -ject as in subject or “alea jacta est”